Discovery Software Engineer
Are you a creative, experienced, detail-oriented and responsible full-stack engineer? Are you a quick learner and passionate about new technologies? Do you want to be a part of a new team that will be involved in leading the innovation by taking bold decisions in expanding the existing, mature, product pallette? Do you want to work in a company that is small enough to make you matter, but big enough to not only have a very recognisable impact, but also have a solid infrastructure? If your answers have mostly been “Yes”, you’re a good match already, but please read on.
Textkernel has become the staple name in semantic recruitment technology, with our CV parsing, Semantic Search and Match, and job aggregation solutions; as well as a strong focus on R&D. After the recent acquisition by CareerBuilder, and a major increase in R&D budget, we’re now in position to pursue many of the great ideas that improve existing products, build on top of them or supplement them.
- Bold, getting-things-done attitude; adaptability and ability to learn on the go
- Being comfortable in delivery-focused, agile environment
- Global mindset and a desire to work in a diverse, multicultural team
- Healthy attitude towards collaboration and code reviews
- Great communication skills and experience in communication with non-technical people (sales, customers, etc.) and translating their input into technical documentation
- Commitment to quality
- Knack for UX
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong programming fundamentals, including algorithmic, testing, and debugging skills
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- API design experience (REST/SOAP)
- Comfort with databases (relational, NoSQL, graph)
- Familiarity with GIT
- Talent in writing human-readable and well-documented code
- Experience with more than one full product lifecycle
- Experience in mobile development
- Passion for open-source
- Good track record in hackathons or other coding competitions
- Experience with Node.js, React, Flux, Docker
- Yearly innovation weeks (week-long hackathons) plus compensation for representing Textkernel on relevant hackathons
- Regular lectures and meetups happening in-office
- Budget for training and conferences
- Flexible working-hours and working from home possibilities
- Work hard, party harder mentality (from free beer on weekly basis to company retreats on yearly basis; with a lot in between)
- Exciting career path for ambitious applicants
What we offer?
The company culture is results driven, innovative, and informal. We take care of our employees by providing free lunches, chair massages and good equipment. We are an international team, with lots of ambition, with 20 different nationalities. Personal development is stimulated and we like working with new technologies. We have a good team spirit that is celebrated with drinks on Friday.
Come meet us in our great loft-like office that is located between a historical yacht harbour and a park in Amsterdam North. It’s only biking distance from the city center and there are good public transport connections.
Textkernel is an innovative, fast-growing software company that specialises in multilingual information extraction, document understanding, web mining and semantic searching & matching in the Human Resources sector. Textkernel’s software learns from examples how to perform complex document interpretation tasks using the state-of-the-art in machine learning and statistical NLP techniques. We are an informal and R&D oriented company based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Currently we have a team of 60 people, largely at PhD and MSc level, from all across the world.