The latest labor market updates across Europe and North America
Here are a selection of the latest insights, for country-specific insights follow the flag links at the bottom of the page:
- France has seen a small uptick (up to 48% of relative posting activity, from 41.8%)
- The UK has continued to see a decline in Job postings, overtaking Spain as the worst-hit country, relative to 1st week of January posting levels
17 April: Below are the latest Job market updates in terms of jobs posted by Direct Employers and staffing agencies. Interesting to note are the following:
- UK job postings by Direct Employers and Agencies have dropped by more than 55% since the beginning of the Q1 2020, remaining at this low level for most of March.
- Spain is the hardest-hit of all countries covered by Jobfeed, experiencing 70% fewer jobs posted since the start of the year.
- Direct Employer jobs in the US have dropped by 38.2% from a yearly high of 2,193,433 in mid-January, to 1,355,411 in the final week of March
- French staffing agency jobs dropped significantly in the week of 16 March, by 40% to 165,512, and have not recovered in the 3 weeks since.