The latest labor market updates across Europe and North America
Here are a selection of the latest insights, for country-specific insights follow the flag links at the bottom of the page:
- France has seen a small uptick (up to 48% of relative posting activity, from 41.8%)
- The UK has continued to see a decline in Job postings, overtaking Spain as the worst-hit country, relative to 1st week of January posting levels
17 April: Below are the latest Job market updates in terms of jobs posted by Direct Employers and staffing agencies. Interesting to note are the following:
- UK job postings by Direct Employers and Agencies have dropped by more than 55% since the beginning of the Q1 2020, remaining at this low level for most of March.
- Spain is the hardest-hit of all countries covered by Jobfeed, experiencing 70% fewer jobs posted since the start of the year.
- Direct Employer jobs in the US have dropped by 38.2% from a yearly high of 2,193,433 in mid-January, to 1,355,411 in the final week of March
- French staffing agency jobs dropped significantly in the week of 16 March, by 40% to 165,512, and have not recovered in the 3 weeks since.
Jobs posted per week
This graph shows the relative number of jobs posted per week between January 2020 and April 2020.
Hover over the the country names on the graph to discover trends for that specific country.
Jobfeed data powers analytics dashboards across Europe and North America, including:
- Emsi (US & Canada) – Job posting analytics dashboard – Track job posting trends by day, week, and month and compare to 2019 averages. You can also filter by region, industry, company, job, and skill.
- Arbeidsmarktinzicht (Netherlands) – Coronamonitor – The effects of the corona virus affect all sectors of our economy. This monitor is designed to provide regions with rapid information about the latest data in an accessible manner.
Members of the press interested in Jobfeed analytics data across the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria and Spain can direct their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.