The latest labor market updates across Europe and North America
Here are a selection of the latest insights, for country-specific insights follow the flag links at the bottom of the page:
15 June – market recovery on the horizon?
- Following a sustained low period through April and the first half of May, we’re starting to see an increase in job postings across all tracked markets.
- Austria, Canada and Germany lead in terms of relative job postings around the 80% mark. They are followed closely by Belgium, The Netherlands and France around the 70% mark. The United States and Spain follow around the 55% mark, while the United Kingdom lags behind at the 32% mark.
- After falling to just 22% of job postings (compared to postings at the beginning of the year) the UK has seen a significant week-on-week increase to 32%. Despite this it remains far behind all other tracked markets which all have job posting levels above 50%.
- Austria has seen the highest level of recovery, spiking to 94% of job postings in the week of 25 May (compared to postings at the beginning of the year), before settling at 85% in the week of 1 June.
Scroll down for the interactive graph and older insights:
Jobs posted per week
This graph shows the relative number of jobs posted per week between January 2020 and June 2020.
Hover over the the country names on the graph to discover trends for that specific country.
Jobfeed data powers analytics dashboards across Europe and North America, including:
- Emsi (US & Canada) – Job posting analytics dashboard – Track job posting trends by day, week, and month and compare to 2019 averages. You can also filter by region, industry, company, job, and skill.
- Arbeidsmarktinzicht (Netherlands) – Coronamonitor – The effects of the corona virus affect all sectors of our economy. This monitor is designed to provide regions with rapid information about the latest data in an accessible manner.
Members of the press interested in Jobfeed analytics data across the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, The Netherlands, Belgium, France, Germany, Austria and Spain can direct their queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- France has seen a small uptick (up to 48% of relative posting activity, from 41.8%)
- The UK has continued to see a decline in Job postings, overtaking Spain as the worst-hit country, relative to 1st week of January posting levels
- UK job postings by Direct Employers and Agencies have dropped by more than 55% since the beginning of the Q1 2020, remaining at this low level for most of March.
- Spain is the hardest-hit of all countries covered by Jobfeed, experiencing 70% fewer jobs posted since the start of the year.
- Direct Employer jobs in the US have dropped by 38.2% from a yearly high of 2,193,433 in mid-January, to 1,355,411 in the final week of March
- French staffing agency jobs dropped significantly in the week of 16 March, by 40% to 165,512, and have not recovered in the 3 weeks since.