As a fast growing software company Textkernel is always looking for new colleagues with a passion for intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D. Since the beginning of the year Textkernel grew from 65 to 80 employees at its headquarter in Amsterdam. With this in mind it was time for a mature career website, thus Textkernel decided to launch its own targeted website textkernel.careers.
You never get a second chance to make a first impression. If a career website is outdated, not mobile responsive, difficult to navigate or unappealing, candidates will leave the page. Potential hires only spend a few minutes on a career website, therefore it must catch their attention immediately and convince them to apply.
In the run of this project, Textkernel followed some principles to design and launch the new career website:
- Make it as easy as possible to apply for a job and avoid forms which have to be filled out (for example with the Apply-with Widget)
- Avoid stock photography – showcase real employees
- Create a video and testimonials with colleagues explaining why they like to work there
- Add an interactive blog with a comment sections
- Add social media channels
- Make it easy to find the right content and the right job
Now it’s your turn: Have a look and send your feedback to email@example.com!