Reducing Bias to increase Diversity in the hiring process with the support of AI
Organizations around the world increasingly understand that having a diverse workforce is not just a ‘nice to have’.
Diversity drives economic growth, consumer preference, and helps to recruit a more qualified workforce. Diversity also reduces employee turnover and fosters innovation internally.
AI has the potential to support organizations looking to mitigate bias in recruitment, talent management and candidate attraction processes.
A diverse workforce is now a business imperative!
Reduce implicit bias via AI-based understanding
At Textkernel, we work hard and constantly to reduce implicit bias with the support of AI. Two of the reasons being:
AI has no time constraints
- Size of CV no longer matters
- No important information is lost
- Implicit information (e.g. years of experience, international/leadership experience, entrepreneurship, etc)
AI can reduce opportunity for bias
- Detecting and hiding discriminatory attributes (e.g. age, name, profile photo, etc)
- Detecting and hiding attributes that reinforce biases (e.g. schools, location, etc)
- Identify discriminatory phrases in job ads and offer alternatives
Furthermore in many ways we work on increasing D&I through:
Semantic understanding (e.g. normalizing professions)
Enriching talent & job profiles from other data sources
Reach diverse set of candidates through Semantic Search
Unbiased, assisted matching
Reviewing matches better and faster
Empowering recruiters with knowledge
Transferable skills and upskilling
Would you like to dive deeper into this subject and understand better how our solutions can help?
Watch our on-demand webinar on How AI supports Diversity Recruitment Strategies.